Friday, June 5, 2015

15. IMO: Kevin Owens


My next edition of "IMO" is going to be Kevin Owens. There is so much for me to say about Kevin Owens, but I am going to just talk the big things in his career so far while being in NXT and recently arriving on the Main Roster. So let's get started...

Kevin Arriving In NXT: Kevin Owens signed with NXT on August 12, 2014. He had vignettes hyping up his debut starting on November 20th of 2014. Owens made his in-ring debut at NXT Takeover: R Evolution defeating CJ Parker, solidifying himself as a babyface. He would then show up later in the night to congratulate his real life best friend, Sami Zayn, on winning the NXT Championship. He would walk away with Sami, only to turn heel and brutally attack Sami Zayn. OMG YEAH. Yeah he made one of the biggest statements in NXT history, and he for sure had the biggest debut out of any superstar in NXT history.



Fastest Rising Star in NXT History: After turning on his best friend, Sami Zayn, he would then start a feud with Sami Zayn. Sami and Kevin engaged in one of the most personal feuds I have ever seen in NXT. These 2 were real life best friends and they got the opportunity to do a story with each other. And like I have said in my blog "Real life best friends and relatives always have the best feuds". And this is obvious proof of it. Kevin quickly made a huge impact by DOMINATING the NXT competition, even former NXT Champion Neville. He would then attack Zayn a second time and after this Sami said he wanted a match with Owens. Owens agreed to the match, only if the match was for the NXT Championship. Sami agreed, even though he was advised not to by NXT GM William Regal. The match was set for NXT Takeover: Rival. Owens walked away NXT Champion, need I remind you that he debuted 2 months from this exact date, to capture his first title. He won the title due to Sami not being able to go on in the match, because he had beat him so bad. The referee called off the match and Kevin won the title. I WAS NOT BELIEVING WHAT I SAW. This guy has only been here for 2 months and has already captured the biggest prize in NXT. Sami only had the belt for 2 months, and then after this Sami was out due to legit injury from the match. Kevin would just dominate after that and run through NXT like crazy. He retained his title over Finn Balor in his reign as well. Sami returned and had a rematch for the title set at NXT Takeover: Unstoppable. Kevin Owens dominated again and the result was the exact same. Kevin is proving that he is the best thing going right now and no one can stop him. He is my favorite guy in NXT and I know his future in WWE will be outstanding. But his outstanding performance didn't stop here and let's just say " U Can't See" this coming...


Main Roster Debut: Kevin made his main roster debut on the May 18th edition of Raw to answer the John Cena Open Challenge. He surprised me as well as the entire WWE Universe. I was flipping out, I remember I was eating dinner and all the sudden I hear his music and I legit dropped my fork. Yes I really did drop my fork. And he comes out like a complete bad ass. He gets in the ring and let's Cena have it. He just murdered Cena on the mic, especially when Cena "tried" to give him veteran advice. Little did Cena know that Owens has been doing this for 15 years, which is longer than Cena. He got him there. He then went on to attack Cena and stand tall with his foot on the U.S. title, raising the NXT Title. That was an explosive debut for Owens to have. Who can say they got to debut and interrupt "the guy" and take him out? Not many, if any at all. I thought that this was a one off type thing, but boy was I wrong. Kevin was set to face John Cena at Elimination Chamber. I couldn't believe it, I was completely shocked this happened. This match, I knew was fixing to make history as it did. KEVIN OWENS BEAT JOHN CENA CLEAN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING..... I wanted him to win and he did. Hands down, he had the biggest debut out of any Superstar in WWE History in my eyes. His first match was on a PPV against the Face of the Company and he beat him clean in the middle of the ring. I just couldn't believe this. THIS GUY IS AWESOME!!!

Kevin Owens has such a promising career in WWE. He has done things in the amount of 1 year that some guys in the back have yet to achieve. He is a major draw to fans. He arguably can take John Cena's spot as being the next "guy". He can wrestle extremely well. He definitely proves that just because your a bigger guy, doesn't mean you cant wrestle. He was popping out moonsaults and swanton bombs off the top rope at Elimination Chamber. He knows his spots in the ring. I think WWE has a huge star here. And I don't care, but he is better than Brock Lesnar. People want to compare the two, but I don't think there is a comparison. I know now that Kevin is working main roster all summer as he soon making his full transition to main roster very soon. I honestly see him becoming world champion within a years time. The guy can cut a good promo on anyone. I wish Kevin the BEST and I KNOW he will have a legendary career. We will all see this very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment