Saturday, June 13, 2015

21. Top 10 Favorite Diva Finishers


Okay I am officially starting something new on my blog. I have "favorite" posts in the past, but I am going to make it an official thing. Once a week I will do a "favorites" post. The posts can be related to matches, characters, ideas, and basically anything WWE related. And today I kicking it off with the divas. When I see divas walk down the ramp, I am in aww. Not only because they are all hot as heel, but also because of their ring gear. However, the things they do in the ring are what truly interest me, especially their finishers. So today, I am here to do my Top 10 Favorite Diva Finishers of all time. So lets kick it off, and let me remind you this is in order with current and past combined. Just know that I may have different taste in what I find as a good finisher as to others. So lets start of with #10...

#10 Tamina's Superkick

Okay so my number 10 is Tamina's superkick. The reason why I chose this finisher is because I was a huge fan of Shawn Michaels and his finisher was Sweet Chin Music. I loved Sweet Chin Music. I guess I just love super kicks in general. Tamina has a devastating superkick, so devastating that it knocked out Nikki Bella's tooth. Not really anyone uses a Superkick, except for Dolph Ziggler. It is unique and it sure shows the power of her kick. So Tamina Snuka locks the #10 spot for me.
#9 Sparkle Splash

Yes the #9 spot goes to Alexa Bliss' Sparkle Splash. The reason why I chose this finisher was first off, it is rare for a diva to have a diving finisher. The only ones I can remember were Molly, Eve, Tamina, and Lita. And Tamina only used it for a period of time. Alexa's Sparkle Splash is a half twist moonsault. I remember when she first did it, I was amazed. I was speechless. Some think that its not that effective, but I 100% disagree with that. The impact off the top rope and with the twist, it adds power to the move. And currently, no diva in NXT or Main Roster has a diving finisher, so it makes her unique in that.
#8 Stratusfaction

Now how could I leave this off the list. I didn't watch WWE back in the golden era, however I have done my homework. Trish's finisher was amazing. It was a running springboard bulldog. It was very impactful and it was always sold very well by every diva. I remember going back and watching matches of hers, and the reaction she got when she hit it was amazing. Trish would do her signature "pointing to the crowd" before doing it to get the crowd hyped and delivered it. It had a lot of impact considering it was a springboard move.
#7 Bank Statement

Who is the baddest? Sasha Banks. Even though her character is what makes her bad, it is also what she does in the ring. The Bank Statement is a bridging crossface. This finisher I find unique because I don't have any recent memory of a diva using a crossface. I mean the occasional Yes Lock by Brie, yes, but we all know that she is better at Bella Busting. So this finisher is so awesome. All of Sasha's signature moves are good, but this one is out of nowhere at times. At first she transitioned into it after delivering a Backstabber. I like when she did the transition backstabber into the bank statement, but now she uses the 2 moves separately. The Bank Statement not only secures her victories, but also leaves a "statement" on the NXT Universe
#6 Kaitlyn Spear

Oh how I miss Kaitlyn, however that isn't the reason she made my list. Her SPEAR. Wow. Kaitlyn was of course more muscular than the other girls, and she knew that she had to use that to her advantage. I remember when she debuted the spear, it was the 20th Anniversary of Raw when she used it to defeat Eve to win the Divas Championship. After she hit it for the first time, I was hooked to that finisher. I guess it brings me back to my roots, because I was a huge fan of Edge. And everyone knows that his finisher was a Spear. Kaitlyn said she adopted the spear from Goldberg and she definitely lived up to the move. I remember one spear that had my jaw drop, and it had a definite impact. It was on Smackdown during the Contract Signing between Kaitlyn and AJ. Kaitlyn delivered one of the most vicious spears I have ever seen to AJ. AJ sold that spear extremely well. Side note, AJ Lee sold Kaitlyn's spears the best. Kaitlyn definitely speared her way through the divas division.
#5 Black Widow

Yes I AJ Lee made my list. I have to put my personal feelings aside on this one. I like AJ Lee just for the record. One thing I liked about her was her finisher. The Black Widow, arguably one of the most innovative diva finishers. The Black Widow is a Octopus Stretch basically. The majority of the time she transitions into it by doing a headscissor. She made the move look really good. I remember one Black Widow she locked in on Kaitlyn. It was at Money in the Bank and she hyper extended the arm to make it more painful. I wasn't a big fan of AJ Lee, but I was huge fan of the Black Widow. And like I said, its rare for divas to have submissions as a finisher.
#4 Paige Turner

I WANT IT TO COME BACK. The Anti-Diva Paige had a sick finisher called the Paige Turner. It was and still is my favorite finisher of hers. The Paige Turner is a modified Russian leg sweep. The way she delivered the move looked really good. It was the move that won her the divas title her first night in WWE. I don't know why she doesn't use it anymore. There was rumors about it being taken away from her because it was too dangerous. But I don't believe that for one bit, because it wasn't dangerous in my eyes. It was effective and looked sick, but to me it would never harm someone. I just like how quick the move would happen. Alicia, AJ, and Natalya sell her Paige Turner the best. I hope she brings it back one day, even as a signature, I wouldn't mind that.
#3 Rack Attack

Now, no, I didn't put this on here because I am a fan of Nikki. I put the finisher on here because its original and it shows true power. Nikki Bella has adopted more of a powerhouse moveset ever since 2014. The Rack Attack is a true representation of her power. She has so much strength and it shows in matches. The Rack Attack is a backbreaker rack drop. When she hits it, its like "damn she just broke her back". I remember when she lifted Tamina up for the Rack Attack and I was so shocked. That is when people took Nikki seriously as a powerhouse. I remember a Rack Attack she delivered to Brie on Raw, and Brie sold it so well. Alicia also sells the move really well, but she sells everything so perfectly.
#2 Faith Breaker

Michelle McCool. Her finisher the Faith Breaker. This finisher I LOVED IT. The Faith Breaker was a belly to back inverted mat slam. I remember when I first saw her deliver it, I was like "well damn". She snapped the move so quick. It looked so brutal. The diva taking the move had their feet and hands locked so the couldn't stop themselves from landing face first. Of course, they know how to deliver everything safely. But to most fans, we would look at it like "she just broke her nose". It was such a great finisher. I would like to see it again one day, but I don't know if McCool is up for another match.
#1 Glam Slam

OMG. I cant even begin to describe this finisher. The Glam Slam. Beth Phoenix, the Glamazon, delivered a brutal finisher in her days in WWE called the Glam Slam. It was a double chickenwing facebuster. Everytime she delivered the move, I feared for the diva taking it. There are 2 Glam Slam's that stick out in my mind. The first one was to Michelle McCool when she forgot to release McCool's arms so she could use them to not land on her face. Michelle claimed in her vlog that she knew it was an accident but her nose didn't think so. She landed flat on her face. It was painful. The second one I remember was at Survivor Series 2011 in a match between her and Eve Torres. She delivered a Glam Slam to Eve Torres OFF THE TOP ROPE. The pop she got from the crowd was insane. When she delivered it, I knew Eve had to have felt it. After I saw that I was like "Yeah Eve is going to need reconstructive surgery haha". Beth never botched her finisher and always had a dominating presence when delivering it. Most divas said they loved working with Beth because she was so powerful. Beth will definitely be a Hall of Famer and she definitely Glam Slammed her name in history. I would love to see one more Glam Slam. Who knows? She could do one last match, but I don't think she wants to pay for another hospital bill for a diva lol.
Well that is it folks. That is my Top 10 Favorite Diva Finishers. I may have left off some other finishers, but these were the 10 that immediately came to my mind. Thanks for reading and tune into Money in the Bank tomorrow on the WWE Network. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment