Saturday, June 27, 2015

28. Initial Thoughts on Tough Enough

 
Okay so today I am here to give my thoughts on Tough Enough. The first episode aired this past Tuesday on the USA Network Live. I am going to give my initial thoughts on each contestant. I am going to give my thoughts on the production of it as well. I will be doing recaps for Tough Enough after each episode. So let's get started...
 
Tanner: Alright Mr. Tanner, I think he is one hell of an athlete. He is cocky and to be honest he has a right to be. From the initial challenge, he cleaned house easily. He is ahead as far as stamina and cardio. He is the clear number one guy right now. However, I do think he can tone down the arrogance a bit. I think him being humble about it will get him further in the competition. Having too big of a head can at times take you off your game. But for now, it seems to be working for him.
 
Alex: HOMETOWN REPRESENTING. He lives in Dallas, TX and so do I. I think Alex is really focused on the end result, and that is the contract. You can tell he is not there for the fun and games, as he wasn't focused in the drama really. He hasn't really showed anything that is worth "wow" factor, but I know he will in the future. And by following him on Twitter, I can tell he knows the WWE to some extent.
 
Patrick: Patrick is the clear WWE guy in that house. Patrick has experience and knows his stuff when it comes to WWE. Yes this is a competition, but knowing about the WWE will help him more than anything else. You can tell when he talks about wrestling that he has passion. He is also focused on the contract and is gunning for the number 1 spot. Himself and Tanner are the 2 to watch out for in the competition.
 
Hank: Hank, always the hammer and never the nail. So in this episode, he was just what he said, "The Average Joe". However, he had potential in the competition. He was eliminated this week and I didn't think he would be the first out, but he was. I don't know what would've happened if he stayed in the house, but it could've shaken up things as far as competition.
 
Mada: Mada didn't really stick out this week, however his confessionals did. He seems to not like Tanner. I think Mada has a future in this business and he's got the look. And he is right when he said that this is only week one and it was only a cardio challenge. I think Mada needs to step it up next week because his quiet personality will get called out by Paige, Hulk, or Daniel.
 
Josh: THE YETI. Okay so Josh has got the size and personality to be something in this business. Excluding the fact that he looks like Roman Reigns, I think he is looking to make a name for himself. Some say that he is relying on his size to be here. I don't think he is, however he has a lot to hold up as all the "big guys" in WWE have left their mark. Guys such as Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, Andre the Giant, etc. I think he does need to step it up next week to prove to everyone that he is more than height.
 
ZZ: Okay ZZ, this dude is funny as hell. He definitely has the best personality out of anyone for a WWE character. He was chosen as a replacement, but he fits right in with everyone. He does wrestle alligators for a living, so he has "some" wrestling experience. I do think he needs to get in better shape, but there are some guys who are "bigger" in WWE, and they don't let that come in the way of anything. Guys like Bray Wyatt and Kevin Owens aren't the skinniest of all guys, and they're 2 of the best workers on the roster. So I think ZZ has the potential to be in WWE, but I don't know if he will be chosen for Tough Enough. However, fans like him on twitter and that will take him far.
 
Amanda: Amanda is the clear threat right now. I was amazed the first time I saw her because she looks like Trish Stratus. But with that aside, she won the first challenge and she beat a lot of the guys. Amanda is fit and has good energy, and that will come in handy when fans vote for her. She is focused and doesn't let the ties back at home keep her down. If she stays this focused, I think she has the potential of winning.
 
Daria: Daria, the Jersey Devil. The bad ass. I really like her. She has that very chill, laid back personality and that is awesome. She is a MMA fighter, so she does come from a fighting background. She is another one who is focused on the contract. She says she loves to take risks and I have no doubt in my mind that she will. She is another girl I think can win.
 
Gabi: Ms. Gabi..... She is very blunt. I like that in a woman myself, however it may be a bit much at times. She does have the mindset of a competitor. She claims that she isn't here to make friends and that she wants to win. That mindset will get her far believe it or not. She is from Brazil so she would be the first ever Brazilian WWE Diva if she wins. I don't know if the fans will like her attitude, but she does have potential.
 
Sara Lee: Little Sara, I like her. I think she is the oddball and is the "outcast", but not in a bad way. She doesn't get involved in the drama and she claimed that she isn't here for the reality TV part, she is here for the contract. That is the number one reason I like her because she is focused on wrestling. I saw her submission video and I had hoped she would make it. I think she can win the competition because she has personality down, she just needs to win some competitions.
 
Giorgia: Giorgia, so you're single? This girl is very fun. She has a very funny personality that is likeable by the fans. She definitely thinks she has what it takes and when Miz asked her if she is the star of the show she said, "Hell Yeah". She has confidence and that will take her far. As long as she stays focused, she could be a legit contender to win the contract.
 
Dianna: Okay so when I first saw you, I was shocked. She is very beautiful. The other girls are beautiful too by the way. But anyways getting to the competition, I do see her going far. Her and Amanda were the ones to win the challenges this week. Dianna won the "wrestling" challenge and that stuck out to me because I am about the wrestling. I know she was emotional the first episode, but I don't think people are giving her a chance. Yes she was emotional, but she says that she is good now and is all game. I think she has the potential to win as well. Hopefully her groin feels better by next week.
 
Okay so that is my thoughts on the competitors. Now I am going to talk about the production of the show. I am a bit skeptical because we didn't see much wrestling. With this being a wrestling show, I expected more of that. I understand it being reality based, but I don't need to see arguments all the time. I want to see the training aspect of it, because that is what they will be doing if they win. I think the trainers should be the ones to judge since they are the ones that are with these competitors every week. The live fan voting thing I am not sure on because some fans are stubborn. Some fans know talent and others don't.
 
Well that is all for my blog post. I wish all the Tough Enough competitors good luck. Remember to stay hungry and stay humble. I can't wait to see the rest of the season and hopefully we get to see these guys and girls grow in the ring. Thank You!
 
By the way if you want to keep up with the competitors you can follow them on Twitter, here are there Twitter handles:
@ToughTanner
@ToughJoshua
@ToughMada
@ToughHank
@ToughPatrickC
@ToughAlexF
@ToughZZ
@ToughAmanda
@ToughDianna
@ToughSara
@ToughGiorgia
@ToughGabi
@ToughDaria


No comments:

Post a Comment