Sunday, June 14, 2015

22. My Top 10 Favorites Moments As A Wrestling Fan

Okay I am here for another edition of "Blake's Blog Favorites". Today I am doing "My Top 10 Favorites Moments As A Wrestling Fan". These moments will include moments on tv and personal experiences I have had with WWE. So the moments I will be choosing are from when I started watching WWE, which was in 2009. So let's kick is it off with #10.

#10 Paige's Debut:

I was beyond excited for this. After AJ Lee retained the night before against every diva at WrestleMania 30, I knew the next night would be huge. There were rumors about her making her debut that night. I didn't believe it, as dirt sheets and fan opinion should be taken with a grain of salt. "I am the savior of your divas division, I am the Divas Division". BOOM. PAIGE'S MUSIC HITS. I was in my room and I my jaw dropped. I was in shock. Her pop from the crowd was huge. She probably got the biggest pop of any diva on their debut. She came out to congratulate AJ and say that she did great last night. I knew something big was about to happen. AJ then said that she wants to have a match right now and slaps Paige because she wasn't "ready". Then she said for post WrestleMania treat she would put her title on the line. At that moment, the crowd cheered loudly because they knew what was going to happen. I knew Paige was going to win the title. And when she got out of the Black Widow and transitioned into the Paige Turner, I gasped for air. And then she got the 1 2 3. And I was freaking out. The crowd popped like crazy. See I knew she was going to win the title, but when it happened I was so surprised. I was glad we had a new champion and I was happy for Paige. That moment will go down in history as the best diva debut of all time, so far.
#9 Kaitlyn Winning The Divas Title:

I was a big supporter of Kaitlyn during her run with WWE. We had the TX connection. She had months and months of build towards the divas title. Eve Torres was the current champion. It all came down to January 14th, 2013 in Houston,TX on the 20th Anniversary of Raw. We were in Kaitlyn's hometown and I knew that tonight was the night. Kaitlyn and Eve had an amazing match and it cam down to a Spear. Kaitlyn siked out Eve after she threw her over the barricade, only for Kaitlyn to come out the other side. Eve still thinking that Kaitlyn is behind the barricade, begs for the referee to count her out. She then realizes too late and turns around into a Spear from Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn debuted her spear that night to capture the Divas Title for the first time. I was beyond proud. She had been chasing this title since August of the previous year. And I know, initially she wasn't suppose to win that battle royal, but it was a blessing in disguise. I was speechless and I just clapped for her in my room. Then she was on Backstage Fallout and the whole video was about her. She was crying and talked about her journey. She also responded to Eve quitting earlier in the night and wished her well in the future. Kaitlyn represented the true "Cinderella Story" to her road to the Divas Title. I was beyond proud.
#8 HBK vs Undertaker at WrestleMania 26:

Okay I have a lot to say about this, but I am going to try and keep it short. Okay so WrestleMania 26 was the first ever WrestleMania I ever purchased and saw with my own eyes. I was beyond excited and it was definitely worth the $65 on PPV. But there was one match on the card that everyone's eyes glued. It was the main event of Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels, Streak vs Career. It was arguably the most anticipated match in WrestleMania history. This match was just "wow". I was a huge fan of these 2 and to see them duke it out on the biggest stage of them all was amazing. They told such an amazing story. Shawn Michaels ended up losing the match and also was forced to retire from WWE. It was such a great match. I still think it is the best match I have ever seen and still my favorite match of all time to this date. Seeing this match was just so awesome, and I am glad I was able to witness it.
#7 Brie Bella Winning The Divas Title:

Now everyone knows I am a big fan of the Bella Twins. When Brie Bella won the divas title I was so proud of her. It was back in the days of "twin magic" and that is exactly what got her the belt. Eve Torres was the current champion. She had the referee write a "x" on Brie's hand so they wouldn't be able to switch, but that wouldn't stop twin magic. Nikki actually tried to switch places with Brie and the referee realized and told her to get out of the ring. With this small "twin magic" mishap, it allowed Brie to capitalize on it and land the Bella Buster for the win. Brie Bella captured her first divas title that night. Her and Nikki celebrated in the ring, and I was so proud of Brie. She had worked so hard. They finally got the opportunity to be divas rather than valets for the guest stars on Raw. Brie's reign was only 2 months, but I enjoyed every second of it.
#6 Nikki Bella Winning The Divas Title:

No, not the flop reign of 6 days. I love Nikki Bella, but that reign was so stupid and WWE deserved to get slapped for that. I am here to talk about her second reign. It was last year at Survivor Series where she beat AJ Lee to capture her second divas title. Now the reason why this title win is higher than Brie's is because, I really had been pushing for Nikki to be given the chance to redeem herself after the 6 day reign in 2012. That night was so special because not only did Nikki win the Divas Title, but Brie helped her to do it. Brie had been her assistant for 30 days, but regardless Brie turned heel and helped Nikki to get the belt by kissing AJ. It reminded everyone of the kiss of death that AJ did to Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 28 that would cost him the world title in 18 seconds. I tweeted Nikki that night telling her how proud I was of her. And I also tweeted Brie telling her that I was proud of her too for being there for her sister. Many were mad about the finish of the match, but I wasn't because I love "Twin Magic".
#5 Edge Winning His 10th World Heavyweight Championship:

Everyone who knows me knows that I was a HUGE fan of Edge. Edge was the guy who got me interested in WWE. I will forever thank him for that. When he returned at the Royal Rumble 2010, I knew I would be a fan of this for the rest of my life. The reaction he got, I got like an electricity in my arms. Basically chills. So he is the guy that got me into WWE for good. That year at TLC he was in a Fatal 4 Way TLC Match for the World Title. It was Edge vs Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio vs Kane. When Edge won the title, I was so freaking happy. His 10th world title, that was a big deal. I had been wanting him to capture the world title for a long time. I am glad it did happen, because I didn't even know that it would be the last time I would see him hold the world title. He ended up retiring on April 11, 2011. I was so freaking upset that night. The guy that got me into WWE is now leaving. I only got to see Edge perform for a year and half, so it was upsetting. He had so much passion for the business. He ended being a Hall of Famer that following year, so I was happy for him.
#4 Going to Hell in a Cell 2014:

Okay so this was my first ever PPV that I went to. I went with my wrestling buddy, Jackie. It was such a blast. Our seats were kind of high up, but we didn't care because we had a fun time. I got lucky because I got to witness a lot of good matches. I got to see Bray Wyatt return, Dean and Seth falling off the Cell, and of course my Bella's facing each other. I was so bi-polar in that match. Like I would cheer for Brie, but then cheer for Nikki at the same time. "Nikki kick her, there you go. No Brie get up. Nikki rack attack her. Brie get out of it". I was legit like that. Anyone who knows me, knows that I can't pick between the Bella Twins, it is both or none at all. Some people it is easier to pick between them, but not me. It was such an amazing night and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
#3 Going to My Second Raw:

Okay so this was my second Raw and I was beyond excited. I knew what to expect. I knew the crowd was fixing to be rowdy and energetic. And I knew all the legends were going to be there. My friend and I were looking forward to seeing some legends, but others no. It was exciting to see all the reunions. And it was so freaking exciting to see STING appear on the titantron. You should've heard the pop he got. It was the night that John Cena got Dolph, Erick, and Ryback their jobs back. I also got to see my Bella's, although they were on commentary. And I got to see an amazing show overall. It was the go home show before the Royal Rumble and it was awesome.
#2 Going to My First Raw:

Okay so this was not only my first Raw, but my first live show ever. I was anxious, excited, happy, and nervous. Our seats were close and I was just anticipating it all day. I got to see Kaitlyn perform on Superstars, even though she lost. But I was glad I saw her because she ended up leaving WWE that next month. I also got to see The Bella Twins perform for the first time. But I was also the one to witness Tamina's superkick to Nikki that knocked out her tooth. Yes that Raw was my first. I heard that kick from my seat and I screamed "Nikki". I was legit worried, I knew something was wrong because she kept holding her mouth. And it turns out, she lost her tooth. I also saw amazing matches, I can't really remember them all, but I know they were all great.
#1 Meeting WWE Superstars and Divas For The First Time:

Okay so my friend and I were going to go to the Raw on January 19th, 2015. We realized like 2 weeks before the event that we didn't have school that day because of MLK day. We were excited about this because we knew we would be able to go to the arena early. So we took the Dart train down to the arena and go there at like 11:15. We waited around for a bit. We started seeing referees and WWE personnel enter the arena. Then my friend and I went by the guard rail where they were coming in. The security guy said he would let us stay there as long as we stay behind the guard rail. And all of the sudden we started seeing people come in. I was freaking out. The first person that I met was Bad News Barrett. Everyone we met came over and signed stuff/took picture. It was such an awesome feeling. The first diva I met was Alicia Fox, even though I met her and Paige kind of at the same time. I was on cloud 9 the whole time. I had a list of people I wanted to meet, but I didn't get to meet them all. Most just waved and proceeded into the arena, which I didn't mind because I didn't expect everyone to stop and sign stuff. I really wanted to meet the Bella Twins. Brie waved at me, but that was it. And Nikki was in Cena's bus, so we couldn't see her. But then all of the sudden she walked out of the arena and went into a red van, she waved. We were all sitting there thinking "how did she get in", but then we realized that Cena's bus had gone around the back. It was so amazing and I wouldn't trade that moment for the world. It was hands down my favorite moment as a WWE Fan.

Okay well those are My Top 10 Favorite Moments As A Wrestling Fan. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. That is it for today. Don't forget to tune into Money in the Bank tonight on the WWE Network, it is going to be a good show. Thank You!



No comments:

Post a Comment