Monday, June 1, 2015

9. Reaction to Elimination Chamber


So this is another first for my blog. So many firsts that will be happening regularly. As you can see this post is titled "Reaction to Elimination Chamber", and it is exactly that. Any time a PPV happens, that following Monday I will give my thoughts and reaction to the PPV. I give my reaction to the match performance, the result, and where I think the storyline will go from here. So let's get started...


1. Tag Team Championship Elimination Chamber Match:

Okay so this match was really good. I liked it a lot. Every team got the chance to showcase their aerial offense. I was completely surprised that the Prime Time Players were in the final 2 and I am surprised they eliminated The Ascension, who dominated the competition when they entered the chamber. New Day retained and the match was a 8/10 for me. I don't really know where the storyline will pick up from here, I see any team in this match heading to the front of the line to feud with The New Day. I most likely see the Prime Time Players or the Lucha Dragons. All in all it was a fantastic match
2. Divas Championship Match (Nikki vs Naomi vs Paige):

Let's just say I have a lot to say about this match. I may get some heat for this, but this is my blog and I have to be honest here no matter what. Okay so the match performance was alright. It wasn't the best divas title triple threat match I have seen. The Night of Champions 2014 Triple Threat Divas Title Match was way better. I didn't think the match was terrible. A lot of people were giving the match a lot of discredit, however, you cant discredit the talent in the match. There was some good spots and some not. The 2 major issues I had was some botches and calling spots. Naomi and Paige were off last night. They were just executing their moves like they usually do. There was the tower of doom miscue that Paige called the spot on, and it wasn't executed as good. Naomi and Paige are great workers, however they have a tendency to botch a lot. They just have a fast paced mentality and combine that with move placement, it doesn't look right. Nikki retained the title and I was so happy. And just a side not, she does DESERVE to be beat AJ's reign, she has worked hard for that accomplishment. I give the match a 6/10. I see Naomi and Paige going to the back of the line for this one. I see Nikki getting a new challenger soon, but I am not sure who.

3. Kevin Owens vs John Cena:

OMG there is just so much to say. I could write a page on this match, but I am going to keep it short and sweet. This match was hands down Match of the Night, in my opinion. There was just so many good spots in this match, there is just too many to list. Kevin Owens walked away with the win and I was so excited. There was no way they were going to let Kevin get defeated by John Cena. He needed this win to show that he is going to be a HUGE threat on the main roster. This match amazing from bell to bell, it honestly gets a 10/10. This match had 0 bad moments and had 0 miscues, these 2 work very well together. The storyline is obviously carrying on as WWE revealed last night during the PPV that the 2 would have a rematch at Money in the Bank. I hope they let Kevin Owens win this win, but I see WWE letting Cena win. I'll hope for the opposite.

4. Neville vs Bo Dallas:

This match I don't really have a lot to say about. I don't like any of the guys in this match, but I don't discredit their talent. The match was decent. There was no "wow" factor. It served its purpose, however, I will say this was Bo's best main roster match to date. Neville won the match. I give the match a 7/10. I don't see the storyline continuing, as we all know Neville is announced to compete in the Money in the Bank ladder match.

5. Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match:

I am sorry, but this match was such a disappointment. I expected a lot more from the competitors as far as making the match have "wow" factor. Their was so much talent in this match, it just wasn't shown. We had Dolph Ziggler in the match who we know is such an amazing worker, yet he didn't have a lot of flashy moments. Then we had King Barrett who is one of the best brawlers in WWE, and he got eliminated first. It was just not a good moments for all the talent. Ryback eventually walked away with the title and I was shocked. As well know, we saw that report that Sheamus was advertised as Intercontinental Champion for a live event in June. It ended up getting taken down by WWE, but fans were still convinced. And then Ryback pinned Sheamus and I can say I was shocked. I am glad Ryback won. He was the only superstar in this match to have never won a singles title. The match was a 5/10 for me. I think Ryback will go one to feud with Bray Wyatt honestly, but probably not. So I don't know who his next challenger.

6. WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match (Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose):

This match was pretty good. Dean and Seth always work well with each other. The match itself was good and had some good spots. Of course, The Authority played a role in this match, which I am getting tired of. Side note, I want The Authority angle to be dropped and just have Triple H and Stephanie as The Authority. But back to the match, the unexpected happened. We all expected Seth to retain, but out of no where, Dean got the pinfall victory on Seth. I, as well as everyone on twitter, was shocked. I couldn't believe this. The Authority then went to attack Dean and then Roman came out to even up the odds. Dean was celebrating as Roman entered the ring. We all thought the heel turn was coming, but no it didn't. Lilian Garcia then got on the mic and said that Dean did win the match but by DQ. So therefore, still your WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Seth Rollins. However, Dean still left with the title and Roman accompanied him. This match was a 8/10 for me. I see the storyline continuing between the 2 and them having a rematch at Money in the Bank.
That's it for my first ever "Reaction" post. Like I said, I will be doing these everytime there is a PPV, that next Monday. I am looking forward to Raw and I hope all of you are looking forward to it too. Thank You!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment