Saturday, May 30, 2015

7. Exclusive Interview with Brian


Today is a first for my blog. I am doing a interview. I conducted a interview with Brian. He is one of my followers on Twitter and I decided to pick his brain on the WWE. I chose him because he is very opinionated and values his opinions. So lets get started as we dive into the life of Brian as a wrestling fan and have him answer some controversial questions in the wrestling world

First lets kick off with some basic info on Brian...

Me: So how does it feel to be interviewed for a blog?

Brian: It's definitely something new. Something I've never done before. Something that should be worth everyone's time to check out!

Me: How long have you been watching WWE?

Brian: Not exactly sure, it was around 1997-1998 because the Attitude Era was going on and it was definitely an exciting time to watch wrestling. The problem is I don't remember much because I'm 22 years of age and around that time I was only 4-5 years old.

Me: Who were your favorite superstars and divas growing up?

Brian: Superstars I'd have to say more than one. Stone Cold, The Undertaker, and The Rock. Divas, I would have to go with two of the best to date, Lita and Trish Stratus.

Brian is  a huge fan of WWE Superstar Cody Rhodes and WWE Diva Paige. Now I am going to ask him some questions about those 2...

Me: What got you invested into being a Cody Rhodes fan?

Brian: His debut in a segment with Randy Orton and Cody's father, Dusty Rhodes. Orton disrespected Rhodes and slapped him in his face. Cody showed some heart and wanted a match with Orton. Though, he may have lost, I knew this kid was going to be something. Facing one of the best around at that time and somewhat today. I feel Cody was going to be huge due to the fact one of his 1st matches was against Orton.

Me: Do you think Cody or Stardust could ever become world champion?

Brian: Cody YES! I feel Cody as being himself could become world champion because he has all the tools. He has the wrestling, decent mic skills, and a great moveset. He's faced top tier guys and works well. He's probably faced Randy Orton close to 10 times now. I feel he could easily be added into the Money in the Bank and win it. In 2013 they teased it as he almost won it, until his own partner Damien Sandow betrayed him to win it. As for Stardust, I feel he can't win it. And I think it's because of the gimmick. He shouldn't have an almost identical gimmick as his brother, Goldust. I am ok with it. However, it's not my choice of gimmicks. The gimmick does show that whatever gimmick you will give the man. he'll go out and give it his all. That's what make me a huge fan of his.

Me: What do you think of Stardust?

Brian: A lot of people know this, I want Cody Rhodes back! Stardust seems like he's leaning more towards being a jobber and me personally, I don't want that happening because the guy is just great at what he does. He's underrated as a performer. He's had some success with Stardust, however, more recently, I believe they're not going to treat him better until he comes back as himself.

Me: You're also a big fan of Paige too, what are your general thoughts on her?

Brian: Well going back to before her main roster debut, let's just say that I barely knew her. All I kept seeing on the FCW/NXT spoilers is PAIGE. I was like who's Paige? Decided to look her up and she's this new diva that comes from a wrestling family. Going to her debut now, she debuted on Raw and I was like OMG it's Paige!! My sister was surprised because I was freaking out. She faced AJ Lee for the title and she won. I was jumping in joy. After her debut I kept looking her up and I watched her debut probably like 5 times already. She's great, easily my favorite diva today.

Now Brian is going to answer some hard-hitting questions about Paige and the divas of today since lately on Twitter the fanbases of the WWE Divas have been questionable...

Me: Do you think Paige should become a 3x Divas Champion or later on down the line?

Brian: Tough one. If she becomes a 3x Divas Champion this Sunday ( As an example), I don't know what else she could do. She could have more feuds with the likes of The Bella Twins or Naomi, hopefully some upcoming talent like Charlotte or Sasha Banks. Or maybe she could feud with some divas who should get that opportunity like Emma, Natalya, and Summer Rae to name a few. But here's the thing. If Paige does indeed become the champ it would change a lot of those watching their opinions of her. People would say "Oh she's overrated, the Cena of the division, or shoved down our throats". My take, I'd love to see her become the champion. When was the last time she was in the title picture? February or so. I wouldn't mind at all if she doesn't win as long as Naomi wins this Sunday. No disrespect to Nikki at all, but her booking as champion hasn't been what a champions booking should be about. If Naomi ends up winning, it's definitely something new and fresh. The catch is Nikki will still be in the title picture because she'd be the former champion. Paige wouldn't because she lost. So it's definitely a win-win for the division as big Paige fans will know other divas will be given a chance and that's what we all want and hope to see.

Me: Is Paige overbooked or overpushed?

Brian: Overbooked, sure. I can easily see her wrestling outside the title picture and helping out other divas to put them over. I'd love to see Emma and Paige go at it again. Overpushed? No because Paige had quite some opportunities to capture the belt, but failed. And that's not on her. If she had won the championship a couple months ago, many people would be calling her overrated and that's something I don't want to see. Overbooked, yes. In terms of getting in the title picture. But I don't see her as being overpushed because the lack of divas the WWE even wants to push.

Me: How do you feel about some of her fans dropping her and becoming fans of other divas?

Brian: I feel if you're a fan of someone you shouldn't drop them. I feel fans are dropping her because she is back in the title picture, but let's not forget she was the original #1 contender. She earned it by winning a divas battle royal. Fans need to realize that she has an opportunity to win the championship. Now I could see why they're upset with her. But that's on WWE to push whoever and what not. I think they want someone new in the division to step up, and that can potentially happen with Naomi  if Paige loses tomorrow at Elimination Chamber. But that shouldn't be a reason to drop her as your favorite or as a diva you like.

Me: Do you think there are fake Paige fans out there that were never truly loyal?

Brian: Absolutely. I feel some people have a Paige fan account just to fit in because she's one of the popular divas today. You can tell who is loyal and who is trying it fit in. If Paige left WWE, I bet there would be some people who would just completely forget about her.

Me: Do you think Paige is overrated or could grow to be overrated and why?

Brian: In my honest opinion, Paige is not overrated. However, ANYONE can grow to become overrated. Paige has the talent to be where she is at today. If she were to win every match and get every opportunity handed to her then maybe I could consider her growing to become overrated. In my opinion, no divas can be truly overrated. They can be underrated at time for sure.

Me: Thoughts on Fan Wars?

Brian: Keeping it real is what I do. Personally from what I've seen, every fanbase has their fair share of fans who will argue until it gets out of control. Every fanbase has that. The fans who think and say "yeah my favorite is the best and yours isn't", those fans are out of control. They're basically saying my opinion matters and yours doesn't simply because they don't agree with it. I can't give you an accurate answer as to which fanbase is mostly at fault because every fanbase is at fault at some point. You have your chill and respectful fans who will know an opinion and respect it. Then you have those fans who will argue because they don't agree.

Me: Thought on The Bella Twins and do you think they're not given the credit they deserve?

Brian: I actually was never really a fan of them. Until more recently, I've liked Brie for a while. I always thought she was the better Bella until Nikki started improving. She is definitely the most improved Diva I have seen in a long time. Despite me not being a big fan of them, they deserve a lot of credit. Especially Nikki due to improving a ton. With some fans, they will never give the Bella's credit because they don't like them. Credit is due when credit is due. Whether you like the Bellas or not, credit is definitely due and they deserve it.

Now Brian is going to give some brief thought on some Superstars and Divas that at times are indifferent with fans...

Me: Thoughts on Naomi?

Brian: I like her. She's underrated and if she ends up winning the divas title this Sunday, I wouldn't mind at all.

Me: Thoughts on Summer?

Brian: I'm not a fan of her. However, I hear about her NXT work being unappreciated.

Me: Thoughts on AJ Lee?

Brian: One of the better divas of recent memory. Her championship reign kind of bored me. However, I miss her to this day. I loved NXT AJ.

Me: Thoughts on Emma?

Brian: In my opinion, the most underrated diva on the roster. I've seen Paige vs Emma in NXT. And wow! She needs to get a push as soon as possible.

Me: Thoughts on NXT Girls?

Brian: They're great. Though I do feel they seem really, really great because of the booking. The 3 who stand out to me, in my opinion, are Charlotte, Sasha Banks, and Bayley. Becky Lynch is a rising star, though I am not a fan of hers.

Me: Thoughts on Roman Reigns?

Brian: I have ranted about him a lot. I dislike him because I feel he is being pushed too quickly. This is how I felt with Sheamus. He got pushed too quickly and even won the WWE Championship which is why I didn't like him for a long time. Roman, on the other hand, is being pushed with not so great mic skills and needs a better moveset. He is a decent wrestler. He just needs a better moveset. He does have the look. I feel he is actually getting where he is because he is related to The Rock. But credit is due and he is improving. It seems he's distancing from the main event, which I like. I feel he is not ready to, YET. I think he needs to work his way up and get rid of that Shield attire. If he stays away from the main event title picture and continues to improve then maybe I could start to like him.

Me: Thoughts on Finn Balor?

Brian: I don't know much about Finn. All I know is he has amazing face paint and a pretty good wrestler from what I hear. He can be the future they use him immediately since he is in his 30's.

Me: Thoughts on Kevin Owens?

Brian: Just like Balor, they need to use him soon. Talk about a rising star! He mad a statement out of John Cena, the top dog. I think Owens MUST WIN tomorrow. They want to build a star? This is how you do it, by beating Cena.

Me: Thoughts on John Cena?

Brian: I dislike him. Though I respect him. I dislike him because he's just the main guy. He has ok mic skills and ok wrestling skills. It is the money he brings which is what makes him famous and that's why he is the top guy and has been for quite some time. I would love for him to finally get a gimmick. He has had the Never Give Up, Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect gimmick for years. I'd love to see him turn heel.

Me: Thoughts on Neville?

Brian: Love the guy. He's got the wrestling down. Fun to watch and can easily be a fan favorite. He lacks mic skills, but he can improve. I feel he won't get that big push because of all the stories I hear about Vince wanting bigger guys. Now some get lucky like Rey Mysterio. But his WWE title reign lasted like what? An hour or so. I hope Neville gets that big push, he is amazing.

Me: What is one thing that no one knows about you regarding the WWE?

Brian: Some may not know this but I really like Tyson Kidd. The guy is underrated and is talented as they come. Some may not know this as I feel Dean Ambrose is slightly just SLIGHTLY (I don't want hate for saying this) overrated. His mic skills are great and he is entertaining. But the wrestling, I have yet to see. The fact that I have seen  #GiveAmbroseAChance bothered me because he should get a push don't get me wrong. He goes out and give it his all. He does get the chances, he just needs better booking. I don't hate the guy, I like him but he is slightly overrated.


Well that concludes are interview with Brian. I will be doing interviews like this from time to time. I will reach out to people I feel like are opinionated and have logic of the WWE. If you want to talk to Brian some more you can follow him on Twitter @CRhodesSupport , Thank You!


1 comment: